1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What'd the bitch/prick run off with?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckweaver, Aug 11, 2006.

1. BigDog

BigDog Active Member

Twins, in one case. She found out later.

2. fmrsped

fmrsped Active Member

I guess I was the inspiration for this thread (sorry FJ and Buck), I'll repeat from the other: Made a faux front page with heart-felt stories written by me and photos of us; for some reason, didn't save the file, only printed one. She's got it.

Latest one, well, ehhhh. Ran off with a few of the more abstract things on this thread already.

3. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

A cherished copy of Catcher in the Rye.

4. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

A few boyfriends and a while ago, I DID NOT receive a christmas present from that prick. Before the holidays I had gone to a Big State U. hockey game with one of my friends because the boy could not go. But he lent me his Big State U. hockey jersey to wear. I still have that jersey in my possession. I considered it the Christmas present that prick never gave me. ;D

5. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I left all my fishing equipment in the garage of one ex-girlfriend. Had the opportunity to buy it back at a garage sale a few months later. Declined.

6. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

buy it back? fuck that shit. Walk up, grab it and leave. Dare her to call the fucking cops.

7. FileNotFound

Nah, she was solidly in the Not Worth the Trouble category at that point. It was a good excuse for me to go get some better stuff.

8. spaceman

spaceman Active Member

sweet. so you had the ol' wiggle worm back in action in a hurry then.

9. Flash

Flash Guest

Well played!!!!

10. FileNotFound

;D

11. jay_christley

jay_christley Member

Okay, not my story, but a good one.
    Comes from one of my friends, entertainment writer at our paper, in a story about one of his buddies.

Background, the writer used to be involved in a punk band/music scene in the 80s & 90s
    Anyway, he and some friends go down to Mexico. Three of them are married, his buddy just went through a messy breakup, and him. He plans the weekend to propose to his girlfriend, but is concerned that it his friend might still be sensative about the whole "love" thing. Friend green-lights it, he proposes, goes off without a hitch and they're still married and happy.
    The story, though, is about his buddy -- who just had his heart ripped out.

Guy was dating this chain-smoking, punk chick who apparently was a total bitch and everybody in the group hated her. But the guy is in love and proposes anyway. Girl moves from the northeast (U.S.) to Vancouver for a new job. Drives out. She starts to make it big-time out there, long-distance thing doesn't work, nasty breakup ensues.
    The ring and car remain in her possession.

The b*tch? Gillian Anderson.

12. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

The Truth Is Out There.

Ouch, I'm guessing the guy wasn't an X-Files fan?

Draft saved Draft deleted