1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What'd the bitch/prick run off with?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckweaver, Aug 11, 2006.

1. GoZags!!

GoZags!! Member

:(

A lamp that had belonged to my dead grandmother.

2. pallister

pallister Guest

She got the cats, I got the dogs. That's a Broglio-for-Brock-type trade.

My apologies to Doc and SC in advance. No offense.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I lent a signed set of bound galleys--there was only a few hundred of them in circulation because John Irving hadn't broken out  yet--of "The World According to Garp" to a woman who lived in my apartment building when I was in my 20's. She never gave it back.

I could have taken a very long holiday on the proceeds of the sale of that damn book.

Not exactly a "significant other" but I figured, hey, I might get lucky by lending her the damn thing.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No apologies necessary, pallister. I much prefer dogs. We'll be getting one soon, I imagine.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Go to the vet and pick up one that's adevrtised. Those are the dogs with character, and they also usually come cheap.

As a breed, black labs are the best.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I left my phone charger at his apartment one time (it was an LDR) and I never got it back. Then again, I bought him a shitload of books for his birthday, gave him most when we saw each other just before his birthday. We broke up a few weeks later, and I had two books left that sat in my apartment for nearly a year.

I gave them to him when I saw him again, but I had changed phones and didn't need my charger any more.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

My Van Halen t-shirt [/adamsandler]

The girl I dated my senior year in high school sent word she wanted a bunch of stuff back. She'd given me all kinds of pictures and other stuff. I made what I thought was a good faith effort. Put all the stuff in a shoe box. Drove over to her house. Knocked on the door. Nobody answered. Not wanting to face this scenario again, I simply left the box sitting on the back of her car. It rained. So .... she and I sort of worked for the same employer. Me at a furniture store; her, sitting with the owner's kids. So the next time she kept them happened to be the a slow day, and the owner sent me to their house to clean the gutters. There she is with the kids at owner's pool, and the whole time I'm there, she's just ripping me a new one, telling the kids how crappy a person I am. Good times ...

8. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

In college, one broad made off with my pipe.

It was a really cool handmade ceramic with dolphins on it, and I loved that thing (or maybe I just loved smoking "dope", but I digress) and the bitch done took it, and never gave it back.

Sad part was, she wasn't a big smoker, she just knew I liked it, and so when it ended, she took the fucker. And all my CD's.

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

How has it taken this long??

So you wanted
    to take a break
    Slow it down some and
    have some space

Well fuck you too

Give me my money back
    Give me my money back
    you bitch
    I want my money back
    (And don't forget to give
    me back my black T-shirt)

Wish I hadn't
    bought you dinner
    Right before you
    dumped me on your front porch

Give me my money back
    Give me my money back
    You bitch
    I want my money back
    and don't forget

And don't forget

10. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I had a dream you came back to my house
    You changed your mind
    To spend some time

You said you'd only stay a week
    You brought two cats for me to keep
    And told me not to feed them tuna or they'd throw up

I fed them tuna and they threw up
    For hours and hours and hours and hours
    I was amazed at all the stuff
    That came from those little bodies of theirs

It was puffy like a sponge
    The color of the sidewalk
    And it smelled like the dirty rags beneath the sink

And robbed me blind
    You took my stereo, CD's, and tapes and books
    You left nothing behind

I woke up and you were next to me
    But I knew it was just a dream
    I woke up again, you were a thousand miles away

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Funny ... I don't think I've ever dated a guy who reads.

12. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

You know, it's weird, every one of my relationships either ended amicably or ground to a halt so slowly so that there was no drama that would have led to the loss of something.

I believe my post-first-marriage girlfriend ended up with the wedding ring from that marriage in her stuff somewhere, but it was a cheap silver band and hardly sentimental.

I guess I've been lucky -- if you don't count actually going through all those relationships.

(I had a weird one once: One of my California girlfriends and I were sitting in a bar/restaurant at the end of a long day of driving up and down the coast and drinking wine. I went to the men's room, and when I returned, a guy was sitting in my seat. I said, "Excuse me," and the girlfriend said, "Oh, you can sit in the next stool." So I said, "Fine, you can pay the tab," and stormed out. She followed me out, we had a big argument and I basically said we were done, and she got hysterical and eventually reached into my back pocket, took my wallet and ran down the street with it. So I called the cops, and before they came, she returned the wallet. When she walked into our regular bar the next day, the story having gotten out -- gee, wonder how that happened? -- everybody booed.

(But it's a digression from the intent of this thread, since yeah, it was a pretty important item -- my wallet -- but I got it back.)

Did I say I'd been lucky at this? Hmmm.

Draft saved Draft deleted