1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What you're watching during the writers' strike

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

spup, you are brilliant. You have now answered a question I had before I even typed it. (About CBS picking up Dexter).

2. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Damn, thanks for the reminder, Dan. I watched the pilot for Breaking Bad and loved it, but completely spaced on setting a season pass.

Fortunately, ep. 2 is replaying several times. In fact, the pilot and second episode appear to be running in blocks, so anybody who missed it can still get in on it from the start. It has the potential to be a great series.

Also, fuck watching Dexter edited for network prime time. What's the point of that? Get the DVDs. Or better yet, read the novels first. They're quick reads and highly entertaining, way funnier than the show (I know, it sounds like a weird place for humor, but that's one of the best things about it). In fact, I'll lend them to anyone interested if you PM me.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I'm so desperate for scripted police procedurals I'm watching old Davinci's Inquest and Cold Case Files that are run on the weekends on a crappy local channel - love the fact that both are set in Vancouver BC. Some good stuff eh?

4. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Our ABC affiliate (don't know if it's nationwide) has been running "Just For Laughs" in primetime. It's horrible. We actually have access to CBC in my market, and it's astonishing how unfunny Canadian comedy is, considering how much great comedy and how many great comedians have come from there in the past.

The original "Kenny vs. Spenny" is the last actual funny thing I saw on Canadian TV, if you don't count "Arrested Development" reruns.

Draft saved Draft deleted