1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What you're watching during the writers' strike

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Jan 22, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

You'll enjoy and appreciate it more if you do.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I don't think it is. They've moved nights starting this week, I think. I think the viewers coming off ANTM was much more than viewers coming from this mother/daughter beauty pageant show.

3. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Yeah, definitely start at the beginning. It's a tremendously complex show with a lot of characters who act based on history they don't talk about. I can't imagine trying to come in midway.

Plus, if you start on season 1, you get more Wire. Trust me, you'll want as much as you can get.

4. Monday Morning Sportswriter

Monday Morning Sportswriter Well-Known Member

I am watching The Muppet Show, Season I on DVD

Some really funny stuff!

5. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I'm catching up on two really good new series - "Chuck" and "Life."
    Chuck is a pretty funny action show, which you don't necessarily have to watch right from the beginning of its run to understand (although it helps).
    Life might be even better - but you have to watch each episode from the premiere pretty closely to pick up on hints and clues to understand what it's all about. It's worth the reward, though.
    I think both are available online at NBC.com, although I'm not sure if all of the eps are on there.

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

The exact same stuff I was watching beforehand: Idol, RW/RR Challenges, and any other reality shows on my Tivo. Also, Maury. :D

7. jakewriter82

jakewriter82 Active Member

All ya'll are last-gen TV watchers. :p

When I'm in the TV mood I'll go to YouTube and check out my favorites. There's a lot of great live music on there, too. (It's recorded, but still)
    Allsp.com is another favorite of mine. All South Park, all the time.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

You know what you WILL be watching soon? Canucks:

http://www.variety.com/VR1117979785.html

Canada: America's scab.

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And skeins from Blighty?

Crikey!

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Breaking Bad on AMC might be in my Top 5 shows (even those stopped by the strike). It's twisted as hell, funny as hell and brutal.

11. John

John Well-Known Member

I'm catching up on Dexter episodes. Helluva show.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

They're showing Dexter on CBS starting this month. CBS has also looked at Weeds and other Showtime shows.

Draft saved Draft deleted