1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What you're watching during the writers' strike

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Bob Cook, Jan 22, 2008.

1. I've bought at least 20 DVDs in the last two weeks. Got some movie-watching to do.

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Seriously, though, I just watched "March of the Penguins" last night. That was fucking awesome.

3. e4

e4 Member

HBO on-demand

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Well, that's two I don't have to list. I watch a lot of Seinfeld and Scrubs -- on DVD and television -- as well as Home Improvement and King of Queens. Prime-time TV is for suckers.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Indeed. Great, great film. You should also check out the Planet Earth series.

6. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Is "March of the Penguins" the documentary?

7. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

I am watching the complete series from start to beginning as well. I'm on the third season (I began watching the show late, in season 5) and hooked on almost every scene. The characters, the plots, the music, the camera work, the dialogue...easily my favorite television program of all time.

And I don't think any TV show has ever been better than that first season of The Sopranos.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Scrubs re-runs and hockey.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Sports and lots of movies--there were so many good ones this year that I didn't always feel like spending the money to see in the theater, so I'm watching them as they come out on dvd.

10. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

The Jack Benny Program.

11. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

Modern Marvels on the History Channel. That is when they aren't showing things about the Freemasons hooking up with Dick Cheney and the Roswell aliens to plot world domination.

That and shows about really fat people or really little people on The Learning Channel.

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

Watching Heroes and Curb Your Enthusiasm for the first time and loving them. Caught up on Weeds, which I've liked from the start.

Draft saved Draft deleted