1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would your friends be shocked to find out about you

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by sportschick, Mar 2, 2008.

1. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

What the hell are you talking about? I was just pointing out that my friends would be surprised to find out that I'm an actor, and thanks to the miracle of modern make-up, I'm able to play a heavy-set, gay mobster who looks nothing like me on an HBO TV show.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Flash

Flash Guest

I'm a pretty open book, so I'm not too sure there's anything my close friends don't know about me. I suppose they would shocked to find out I was a pretty quiet kid ... a wallflower, in fact.

One friend, however, was quite taken aback that I showed up for puppy playday once with pink mittens that I've had since I was 10. My gran knitted them for me and I've taken care of them for 25 years. It was more the colour than anything ... and that I can be actually sentimental about something. A lot of people don't get to see that side of me.

There you go ... all it takes is to get me babbling and I'll come up with something. Most people know that, though. :D

3. Flash

Flash Guest

I love John Cusack.

4. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

I can totally see why Buckweaver has a mancrush on him.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'm very sorry for the mistake.

As a goodwill gesture, I offer you one weekend with me at my summer place in New Hampshire.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. Flash

Flash Guest

I have a hit-it-six-ways-from-Sunday crush on him.

However ... 1408 sucked donkey balls.

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

My friends would be shocked to learn that something called "puppy playday" exists.

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Puppy playday is a good time.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

So everyone brings their puppies and lets them free? Do y'all bring young dogs, too?

10. Flash

Flash Guest

I think your girlfriend can kick my ass.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

Yup. Young and old. Beautiful thing about this city is it's -- for the most part -- dog friendly. We have lots of off-leash parks where they can run free, chase each other, jump all over the place and sniff as much as ass as caninely possible.

12. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Weird. That's what they do in the south. The people, I mean.

Draft saved Draft deleted