1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Would Your Boss Do?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by NightOwl, May 22, 2008.

1. dargan

dargan Active Member

Similar situation here, except my SE would be here, and might be the last out the door.

2. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

If management can actually be a help — taking some of the page load off, giving an extra read that could free up another copy editor to do something else, etc. — then they ought to get out the entrenching tool and start digging.
    Otherwise, they ought to STFOOTW.
    Ran into problems like this once before where the entire system just froze up. Eventually the tech guy who wasn't on call came in. As SE, I started making other arrangements to go to one of our nearby papers where I had a key, do the paper there, and bring it back up on disk for the backshop. We were five minutes away from executing that when everything miraculously came back on.
    And this new song by The Killers I'm listening to right now bugs the shit out of me.

3. Wait, you guys have an editor? Who actually frequents the office? That's fantastic. Good for you.

Draft saved Draft deleted