1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would you be doing if you weren't posting here?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Flash

Flash Guest

Sigh ... I remember owning Cougs T-shirts and sweatshirts and stuff ... all gifts. So appreciated, too.

2. and just for the record, I'm not saying there's anything wrong with posting here. I find it helpful in a lot of ways: I get my news here, I get to talk journalism with a bunch of people who've been there and I get to tell jokes to people who usually get 'em.

I just don't think I need to spend all of my free time here.

3. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

I used to play Madden constantly. I just traded one addiction for another ;)

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

But I'm willing to bet it would involve a chili dog, a Kansas rest-stop toilet and a certain Blue Bird...

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I'd be working on my baseball/softball/track/tennis previews that run next week.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Finishing a magazine story I'm writing. If my mind wanders for a fraction of a second, I end up here. I'm not proud of that.

7. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Zeke, I know thou keed about the toilet. I mean, dude.

A Kansas Tastee Freeze, though, is not out of the question. And, when in Kansas, I'll take a BBOC babe over a KSU Republi-bumkin any day. Not just because of the "OC" part of BBOC, but because BBOC coeds/alumnae are more likely to be good in bed. Or behind the Tastee Freeze. In contrast, Willie the Wildcat presides over a realm of repression and sex-negative attitudes. BBOC? S/He's smiling for a reason.

8. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

Wow, I hadn't even thought of that. Probably a lot of things we do virtually online that we could have learned to do in real life. I'm determined to make sure my kids experience life, get out there in nature and get their hands dirty and fall out of trees and experience the world.

9. I don't let this place cut into my kid time. But once she's asleep, I'm logged onto here. I probably need to get my book done before kid No. 2 arrives, cuz I might not have time to even come on here.

10. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Cheating on SportsJournalists.com with another message board.

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It's OK, Arnold. A lot of people try cybersex.

12. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

[​IMG]

Draft saved Draft deleted