1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would you be doing if you weren't posting here?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Write-brained, Mar 20, 2008.

1. I'm thinking of putting this place off for a while to write the book I've been thinking about for a long time.

What could you be doing if you weren't here? Aside from curing cancer ...

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Having a life?

3. Specifics, IJAG. Specifics.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Wasting my time posting elsewhere.

Let's be realistic here. 8)

5. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

To be quite honest, I'm not sure.

6. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't know, W_B. Odds are I wouldn't do anything. I'm in a really depressed state right now, where nothing interests me. Not hobbies, not music, not this place, not my job, not my family, not my friends.

So, well, you wanted specifics? There you go.

7. I was just listening to someone talk the other day about why people take the time to play guitar hero when they could learn to play the real guitar in the same time.

And then I asked myself, why am I on here posting in my me-time when I could be writing a book ...

8. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Fucking the prom queen?
    I don't know. Maybe devoting my full attention to the Wisconsin, Cal-State Fullerton game, instead of only giving it the half-attention it deserves.
    Maybe reading.

9. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I'd definitely read more. I used to read all the time, but it became much more tiresome once I got into this business.
    I probably would get more sleep as well.

10. Flash

Flash Guest

Reading. Maybe writing some more.

11. Flash

Flash Guest

I found that, too. I used to love to read but working in the newspaper business sucked it out of me. I was too mentally drained to read during my free time.

I'm starting to find it again.

(Angola, what's with the new avie? My ex had that tattooed on his shoulder blade. I retched a little bit when I saw it just now.)

12. Angola!

Angola! Guest

I decided to be a homer and put it in while Wazzu is alive in the tournament. At the most it will be around until next weekend, at the least until Saturday.

Draft saved Draft deleted