1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What would hurt more: 1987 NFL scabs or 2007 writing scabs?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Satchel Pooch, Nov 17, 2007.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I get writing scabs all the time. I think I press down too hard with my forefinger

2. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

well, it's moot -- with the sag contract coming up soon, no actors are going to cross the line, so no returning series will be able to continue -- nobody's gonna by a duke cousins story line, nor will the suits want to ruin those franchises without paunch

also, for those saying, oh, it's just crap on tv don't know what they're talking about. there is more quality tv today than there's ever been. it used to be 3 networks. now you have the four networks and the cw or whatever the new thing is plus cable networks like fx, usa, amc etc. doing their own scripted television, plus the pay channels like hbo and showtime.

what you're going to see more and more of is reality tv, beause those require little-to-no writing

3. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Which has led to a dilution of talent, like what expansion has done to pitching. A few recent things have been among the best TV ever, but most of it is stupid beyond belief.

4. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

but there is still more quality tv than there has ever been

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bullshit. You watch it so you can dance along with Gloria Gaynor.

Draft saved Draft deleted