1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Will The Redskins Change Their Name To?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The Earmarks

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's probably the hardest stadium to get to of the ones I've been to, which does not include the newest stadiums. The worst traffic I ever experienced was in San Diego, but overall, the Redskins probably have the worst setup.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Anacostia Devil Bullets...

I'd buy that jersey...

4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

L.A. Farmers?

5. Kato

Kato Well-Known Member

How about the Washington Presidents. Tweak the helmet so the Indian head logo is now George Washington's profile. Turn the feathers into a flag or something (although flag colors might clash with the maroon and gold; other thoughts?).

6. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Litigious Jews.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I went there for a game a few years ago and we got club seats. Yeah, not a lot clubby about them.

It's stupid that a stadium of that vintage that was built in BFE with horrible access roads, no public transportation (I guess you can walk from Morgan Boulevard if you're a brave soul and don't mind getting hit by a drunk driver), etc. Was it JKC's middle finger to the District?

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Hey, now! You read the headline, didn't you? "Honkies snap 6-game skid, beat West Virginia".

Editor's question the next day: "Who, exactly, are the 'Honkies'?"

And this was BEFORE they started laying off copy editors en masse.

9. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

It can't be anything political. Because that would make too much sense you know.

Some may not realize it, but the NBA team used to be known as the Washington Bullets (1978 NBA champions) before political correctness came in and they changed the name to Wizards.

10. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I kind of prefer Washington Wombats, but that's just me.

BTW, the acronym WOMBAT stands for Waste Of Money Brains And Time...

which kind of describes DC perfectly.

And I am Vombatus because the damn user name Wombat was already taken. VB was best I could do when I decided to stop lurking in a drunken stupor last year.

11. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

Washington Wompus Cats

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I wonder if all those senators who are against the name turn down free tickets to Skins games. I'm guessing not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.