1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Will The Redskins Change Their Name To?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It's not sung at the Meadowlands, but it is occassionally heard in Philly. If the Foreskins played in the same division as the Steelers, you'd hear it, but maybe not 20K strong.

2. Care Bear

Care Bear Guest

So you will type 000,02 elpoep reve trats gnignis liaH ot eht sniksdeR ni znieH dleiF?

3. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Given that city, maybe they should be named the Washington Gridlock

4. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Steelers fans got their hands on tickets, wow, that makes the Redskins fan base just terrible. I'm surprised they haven't moved due to the apathy.

The Skins must be struggling to sell season tickets, luxury suites, their local revenues must be awful with such a fair weathered fan base. I imagine local ratings are low as well.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Agreed... A lot of season-ticket holders will part with their tickets for the right price. I don't see the big deal... If a team like the Packers or Steelers are coming into town and you know you can get a ton of money for them, why not?

I still think the Redskins easily have a fan base that is top five in the NFL.

6. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

How about the Washimore Red Ravens?

7. heyabbott

Is any stadium is bigger pain to get to than The Big Jack? For a relatively new stadium the amenties, out side the lux suites, are pedestrian. The parking sucks and expensive with Mass transit not a real option. The traffic is horrendous, the stadium workers have all charm of PG County Detention Center guards. Tail gating is piss poor to non existent.

A 1:00 Sunday game is survivable but only because its an all day event, just to drive and park. Night games are cruel and unusual punishment

8. fossywriter8

fossywriter8 Well-Known Member

Interns
    Lobbyists
    Beltway
    Scandal
    Insiders
    Wheeler-Dealers
    Politics
    Machine

9. heyabbott

DC Arsenal, F.C.

10. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Keep part of the name ... go with the Washington Foreskins.

11. Here me roar

Here me roar Guest

12. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Move them to Jacksonville, call them the Seminoles. Everyone wins.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.