1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Will The Redskins Change Their Name To?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm kind of with Moddy in that I don't think it will ever change...

When this issue first came up 20+ years ago I remember someone suggesting that they just call them the Skins. I don't know if this would be enough to satisfy some.

Maybe they could follow the Oregonian's lead and change the name to "Washington's NFL franchise"

2. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Bingo.

That name isn't changing.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

I simply said it isn't changing.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  4. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Shots fired.

5. Mizzougrad96

How about the Washington Devil Bullets?

6. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

In lieu of a name change, can we at least get some more Native Americans to cover the team?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Yes, we know Wilbon is the one person who agrees with you on this. The rest of us will continue to make fun of both of you.

8. Mizzougrad96

Is there a NARJ? National Association of Redskin Journalists?

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It was a shot at Devil. Nobody but him and Wilbon actually believe that.

10. Mizzougrad96

I remember visiting the Guinness Factory in Dublin and they had a poster of an Indian in full head dress and it said, "Guinness... Him Strong..." and we were just howling because we knew how well that poster would go over in the US...

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

In a business of arrogant, preening schmoes Wilbon is quickly becoming the Queen of the Hive. Now he's not in the arrogant preening schmoe class of Stephen A Smith and Skip Bayless, only because Wilbon was a solid reporter and columnist.

Having lived in the DMV for 35 years, there has been a call to rename the Redskins for at least the last 30. At times it's loud and at other times it is rather soft. But until the Washington Post and the local news stop referring to the team by their corporate nickname, nothing will happen.

And if and when the name does change, that stupid sung and will be sung louder and nastier than Es zittern die morschen Knochen

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'll type the reverse of 20,000 people ever start singing Hail to the Redskins in Heinz Field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.