1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Will The Redskins Change Their Name To?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Mar 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Known for having a one-armed quarterback.

2. Hey Diaz!

Hey Diaz! Member

What an unbelievably stupid decision if it goes down.

How about the Washington Tradition Means Jack Shitskins.

3. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

It worked for them in 1930

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

They can change their logo back to the one they had in the 60s and 70s, and call themselves the Washington Spears.

5. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Think about the licensing and revenues if they rotated the colors. Some weeks they could be the Redskins, other weeks the whiteskins, blackskins or yellowskins. Embrace diversity.

I actually prefer Washington Honkies, which is only an n away from Hokies.

6. Bradley Guire

Bradley Guire Well-Known Member

I went to the mall last weekend to buy my brother a ballcap for his birthday. He wanted the Braves spring training cap with Chief Noc-a-Homa. Guy at the shop said they were recalled because of protest. But he still has plenty of Cleveland Indians hats. Said it was ironic there's so much protest since the younger guys from the nearby reservation come down and buy caps with Braves, Indians and Redskins. I left the store without a cap.

Five minutes later, I spot a group of Native American guys, some in their 20s, a couple in their 50s, at the food court. One guy had the regular Cleveland hat, another had the Braves cap with the tomahawk logo.

I shrug my shoulders.

7. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

East High School in Akron is also nicknamed the Orientals. Twenty years ago, they were known as the "Fighting Orientals".

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

If Dexter Manley owned them, they would remain the Readskens.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2008-11-06/opinions/36827352_1_steelers-fans-redskins-fans-redskins-and-cowboys

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So was Japan, about 70 years ago.

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Now? Jesus. Even when they sucked, the Redskins had a following. A big one.

As for the rest of the thread, some of you are so funny I laughed so hard I didn't sleep! You should ditch the dying biz and go into stand-up.

None of us will be alive by the time all this gets resolved. What they ought to do is voluntarily change the name, act like they're doing it out of the goodness of their hearts, and clean up on merch sales. Warthogs? There are all kinds of options.

But they will be the Redskins long after we're all dead.

12. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Seriously. I can't stand the Redskins, but they were DC's main team back when they were hopeless. And it wasn't close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.