1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will the NFL draft be without Jets fans booing?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jun 6, 2014.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'd go first round. Maybe second and third. There's some buzz on the local level about who your team picked.
    After that?
    Yeah, then it's background noise.

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Mizzou's idea is great.

Can you imagine having it in Pittsburgh or Cleveland?

In Jacksonville, they would have to be sure it's above "puppet show" on the marquee, though.

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The NFL would get the bigger dressing room than the puppet show.

I have worked four NHL Drafts and it is infinitely better to work at than to watch as a spectator. If you don't know someone who has a very good chance of getting drafted I have no idea why you would go. I have seen kids who travel a long way with a large crew of family and friends who sit there for two days and don't get picked.

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Maybe better in the old days when you just had a bunch of executives sitting around a conference room.

As a reporter, most of the "news" seems to be chasing down various rumors, usually involving trades and such. Everyone claims to have gotten the player they wanted and he'll be a future Hall of Famer.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I miss the old helmet phones. Those things were cool.

Damn modern technology.

6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

They gotta bring those back, maybe as docking stations or something. NFL would make a mint, just like on everything else.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Oh, yeah, I loved those, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted