1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What will the NFL draft be without Jets fans booing?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by LongTimeListener, Jun 6, 2014.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Looks like they're moving it. Radio City Music Hall is booked, and Madison Square Garden is too busy to handle the three days or month or however the hell long the draft is going to be.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11041875/new-york-city-likely-host-2015-nfl-draft-according-sources

LA and Chicago are the top two candidates, though the league is accepting bids.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Its rare that the NFL gets hung out to dry on such a big event. Can't help but
    think that The Dolans want to stick it to them over NFL Network
    negotiations,

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Make it an event and move it around. It would be great in Dallas or Indy or Chicago... Really, almost any NFL city could be a decent host.

4. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Yeah, this. I mean why not just hold it in a stadium? People will buy tickets, I'm sure. It's 2014, it's hard to imagine that actual business is being conducted on the floor of the event anymore - it's all conference calls and technology jibber jabber anyway.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

NHL does alright moving its draft around every year.

6. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

MSG would have to juggle the uncertainty of potential playoff dates for both the Knicks and Rangers at that time of year, in addition to any other events. They might get lucky and both teams lose early, but they might need the building like 5-6 straight nights that week, so the NFL would have to be willing to be flexible with its dates.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

It never fails to amaze me that people view the draft as a spectator event. And yet they watch it on TV and show up at the venue. I don't get it. It's on the short list of most boring things to watch in the sports universe.

8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Not in a billion years.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

10. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

There was talk about it moving before this draft. Thought Indy was one of the cities mentioned.

11. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

You never know from year to year. In the Eastern Conference, the Knicks aren't that far removed from being a playoff team. Who would have thought the Rangers would advance to the Stanley Cup Final?

So if you book MSG for an NFL draft, which probably requires a minimum of five dates to include set up, what do you tell your primary tenants?

I agree with da man that any pro sports draft isn't all that entertaining to watch. If the NFL wants a large capacity building, there are plenty of places they can move it to.

12. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

The first 10 picks.
    Maybe the first five.

After that, it's an Internet list.

Draft saved Draft deleted