1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What Will Sports Journalist.Com Look Like In 10 Years?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Boom_70, Mar 6, 2014.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Impressive travel log, captain.

Of every place you've ever been, what is the No. 1 meal you've eaten, and where?

2. DeskMonkey1

DeskMonkey1 Active Member

I'll still be waiting my turn for a writing position

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Ten years? As Casey Stengel once said, people my age are dead tomorrow, and you could look it up.

4. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

That'll be quite a trick since book stores won't exist.

5. KJIM

KJIM Well-Known Member

Note those are predictions for future posts. Only the first is the current one.

Odd timing on your questions, Xan. I just left a group of colleagues and I posed a similar one: at which post did they find the best food? Their answers: Cameroon and South Africa.

You know, the best meal I've had might have been the salmon caught in Alaska. We caught our limit, added another and grilled it right there in the boat. I think that was standard practice for the trip I was on.

But internationally, I'd have to go with couscous in Morocco. My friend Rachida's, specifically. Just amazing stuff.

6. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

In 10 years, this place will definitely be Moddy-less.
    I'll be one of the following:

A. Dead (most likely - the joy of so many years in this business will do me in)
    B. Drooling and wearing a bib
    C. Retired in Aruba after my lottery hit

I'd say one of the three will happen within five years. So start planning the party. I've already nominated my successor so no need to send applications. Money, however, might sway the outcome.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The thread at the top of the Sports and News board will be a stickied and locked thread titled:

FROM 2022 INTO 2023 POLITICS THREAD

Draft saved Draft deleted