1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was your "Must have" toy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 7, 2008.

1. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, WWF Action Figures and Pillow shaped wrestlers... and Super Mario Bros 3.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

[​IMG]

And a Wonder Woman bike, of course :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. daveevansedge

daveevansedge Member

The original Super Toe (by Schaper!!). Guy was awesome until one of my older brothers popped his head so hard, his leg flew off. I was crushed. Absolutely a had-to-have toy.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Aside from my Star Wars toys, I'd have to say the Atari 2600. And I had these Lone Ranger, Tonto and anothe cowboy toys with horses that were totally rad. I think the other guy was Butch Cavindish??? maybe.

They were about 2 feet tall and had the saddle and guns and everything. Awesome.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

The Big Jim Baja Beast

[​IMG]

6. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

[​IMG]

7. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I absolutely HAD to have an Atari 2600, and my mom made a deal with me that if I could come up with $75, she'd pay for the other half of it. As a result, I saved my daily lunch money and skipped lunch (or gorged on the free breakfast) several times to save the cash quicker.

I got the money, but damn was I hungry a lot of those days as a result.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

[​IMG]

Hangs from the ceiling of my library like a disco ball.

9. Seahawk

Seahawk Member

I'm an idiot and don't know how to put images in, but Baseball Stars for the original Nintendo. Never was I more excited to go to the mall and make a purchase. Played that game for hours on end.

10. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

But DAMN, I sure had fun playing your Atari. Thank you for those hunger days! Dragster rules!!!

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

That Atari gave me so many hours of entertainment with Asteroids, Kaboom!, Freeway, Dragster and many more, at a time when I had no friends because, well, no one at school really liked me.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Seriously, I asked my mom for a changemaker (like the one ht e Good Humor man had) for about three straight birthdays between ages 5-7. Never got one.

Draft saved Draft deleted