1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was your "Must have" toy?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Evil ... Thy name is Orville Redenbacher!!, May 7, 2008.

1. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

Kokane, you nailed it after I swung and missed.

2. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Ho-lee shit. Holy shit, holy shit, holy shit. Had no idea what you were talking about until you posted that pic. That was the first bike I had, and I learned to ride it in the massive back yard we had until we moved when I was in 6th grade. Damn, popping corn dude... you brought back a flood of memories right there.

We also had a table-top rod hockey game growing up.. first one I remember was two-dimensional players... Flyers and Islanders. I will have one again, one of these days.

The original Nintendo was all the rage when we first got it.. Bases Loaded, Ice Hockey and Excitebike where the extra games we got. I also enjoyed a soccer/hockey goal set, complete with soccer ball, two sticks and a puck. I convinced dad to be a soccer goalie once, before my first shot hit him in the crotch. That was the end of that.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Pac-Man board game.

4. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

[​IMG]

5. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

This was mine:

[​IMG]

I still remember the joy of seeing this under the tree. I still play the thing, too. I had got nothing but Legos and this, I would have been just fine.

6. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Major Matt Mason. An effing stud.

[​IMG]

7. Flash

Flash Guest

The Mego Batmobile ...

[​IMG]

Along with the Batman and Robin figurines. Oh how they used to kick the crap out of my younger brother's SpiderMan.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The temptation to use fun with the img function on the above is so great.

9. Lieslntx

Lieslntx Active Member

10. Slash

Slash Member

Ditto for me. Got this for Xmas when I was six. With help from my mom, I took it to school for show and tell. Later mom told me “Santa” had to go the city 2 hours away to different department stores before she found one.

11. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

That's still mine.

12. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Eh. I'm OK with it.

Draft saved Draft deleted