1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was the best day of your life?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BB Bobcat, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Dirk Legume

Dirk Legume Active Member

That, my friend, is worth remembering. ;D

2. May, 1991
    Making my first solo trip as a whitewater raft guide. I struggled through training - 16 training trips in rain, snow (yes snow!) and high water - and I was nervous as hell.
    Eight people, were looking to me to provide six to eight hours of entertainment while providing an exciting and enjoyable time.
    I had a great fucking day ... Hit all my marks, nailed the rapids and gave my crew a great ride. And nobody swam**.
    We hit the beach and I was never more thrilled in my life. The adrenaline rush is/was indescribable.
    Charlie, the bus driver asks, how my day went. I told him it was great and he was happy - genuinely happy - for me. He was a hell of nice man.
    On the ride up the gorge, enjoying a cold soothing libation, a mouthy, veteran guide - Hogjaws, who never did like, but could guide - made a point of telling everyone in the truck I was the only greenie who knew what the hell he was doing.
    I got a pretty good tip at then end of the day.
    That was one of the THE best, most exciting and enjoyable days I ever had. And the start of the greatest summer job I ever had.

* Rafting in W.Va ain't the log flume at Funland. It takes a little skill; reading water, a little arm strength (no small feat for a 150-pound kid), keeping the boat upright and staying out of trouble spots - death and injuries do occur.

** Did I mention I am slightly hydraphobic?

My second best day was the night I spent with three of my best friends in the world chasing the coed who later become my wife down to convince her to go out with me.

3. I'd have trophy or a t-shirt made for the occasion.

4. gingerbread

gingerbread Well-Known Member

I'm not inclined to go into details, but I will say it involved the playing of the song "How Bizarre" (crossthread) and lots of Pauly Fuemana's fellow drunk Kiwis.

5. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The day Night Ranger formed.[/byh]

6. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

No, that'd be my best day.

8. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

My best days were so amazing, I would feel guilty posting about them. Let's just say they were about lifelong, struggled-for dreams realized. Goals achieved.

I've had a shitty day, too, that would be hard to top.

9. dieditor

dieditor Member

The day I got engaged. Which just happened to be last Saturday.

So good timing on the thread.

10. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Congrats. Now go through the archives and read all the threads on wedding planning, going on line on your wedding day, honeymoon locales, and everything else you need to prepare you for the big day.

11. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Eh, I was a freshman, so I didn't make the trip west. I do remember watching the bowl game as well as EMU vs. Pittsburgh at Nebraska's arena. I'm sure there were some amounts of alcohol consumed during those games.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. "May the best of your todays be the worst of your tomorrows" - JayZ

Mine, hopefully, is still to come.

Draft saved Draft deleted