1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was the #1 song when you were born?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Mayfly, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Was it you?

2. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Congratulations.

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Since high school was also mentioned in the thread...

the summer before I started high school, there were only two No. 1 singles... Flashdance and Every Breath You Take. The Eurythmics "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" ended the Police's 8 week stay atop the charts the week I started school. The week of my high school graduation, the No.1 song in the land was: "I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)" by Whitney Houston.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Poseidon Adventure, I think.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

That's right. And she became known as the siren of the disaster film. At least I think that's how she described herself when I saw her show back around 1993.

6. KG

KG Active Member

No, it was some girl in....England I think.

7. KG

KG Active Member

When I graduated high school it was "Tha Crossroads" by Bone Thugs-N-Harmony

8. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Right between "Cherish" by The Association and "Reach Out I'll Be There" by the Four Tops.

High school graduation, "Time After Time" by Cyndi Lauper.

9. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

"Morning Train" by Sheena Easton

If I'd actually popped out when I was supposed to, it would've been "Kiss on My List" by Hall & Oates.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Was No. 1 when I graduated from college. Song always made me feel like I was being attacked by a swarm of gnats ...

11. Mayfly

Mayfly Active Member

I feel bad for any kids born on Christmas Day 2005. Their moms had to "Drop it Like It's Hot".

12. Diabeetus

Diabeetus Active Member

The #1 when I was born was "I Guess That's Why They Call It the Blues" by Elton John. Not sure what it was when I graduated...any easy way to check?

Draft saved Draft deleted