1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was that number?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by zeke12, May 7, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Close, but I believe he has people who dress him. So he doesn't actually put it on.

But he does cut a dashing figure, doesn't he?

2. Yawn

Yawn New Member

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Tell it, Yawn. Bastard running around building house for the poor. Screw you, Jimmy Carter.

Got any props for W I can add to the list, Yawn?

4. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Next to the L'il Commander, Jimmy Carter looks like freakin' FDR.

5. Oh, OK, we'll all be dead, so who cares.
    He's not Truman who, by the way, was widely recognized to be a flop until David McCullough painted a halo on him for 500 pages. (Ike stopped the war Truman couldn't seem to stop.) This is unprecedented unpopularity and it's based on a number of factors besides the war which, I will admit, is the prevailing factor. However, HH, remember that, when he was riding high after his re-election, when his approval ratings were at their non-9/11 peak, he tried to "reform" Social Security (mostly by reforming it out of existence) and so many people spit in his eye that a timid Democratic congressional minority was able to bury the privatization plan six feet under. The country has not liked or trusted this guy for a long while and, if he's very, very lucky, in 50 years, people might write about him as fondly as they've written about LBJ.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Carter did that AFTER his presidency.

I'm talking about the reviews by you liberals about his presidency. Much more positive than 28 percent would tell. Switch parties and you've got my response to Bush's 28.

Bill Belicheck's approval rating was 28 percent, once deemed an idiot among NFL coaches. History will beg for an apology from Bush II's memory.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

That's what I'm talkin' bout, Yawn. Bush is great.

Now, don't go on all day, just give me three super terrific things he has done while in office.

8. He winked at the queen.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Ace, thanks for starting the crusade for truth. I can hardly wait to see the aggregated list. I'll even throw out one of my own: tax cuts for the wealthy.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

You make it sound like it's a bad thing. That's No. 1

Keep 'em coming.

11. Yawn

Yawn New Member

1) He's turned a deaf ear to crybaby liberals.

2) He hasn't gone out and put his political finger to the wind to see which direction the winds are blowing.

That's enough for character's sake, defining a real leader.

For specifics?

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1096125/posts

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/08/20050803-1.html

Pick at 'em, buzzards.

12. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The history books will sum up the Bush administration succinctly as the greatest white-collar crime ever.

The treasury of the United States has been systematically looted, and the contents delivered directly to those who paid for the job.

Draft saved Draft deleted