1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What was special about June 15, 2007 around here?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JR, Jul 17, 2008.

1. And what marvelous globes of purple flesh they were.

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

keep you boobs to yourself you fat purple bastard.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Bonds broke the record in August.
    My guess is we got mentioned on a popular Web site and it sent them flooding our way. We almost hit that number with the Redskins fanboy mess. Actual sporting events or news don't drive the numbers up like that.

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

OK, Stanley Cup playoffs. How do you account for the other 443?

5. The fact that I have absolutely zero posts on that day makes me wonder if the thread in question was deleted.

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You'll have to be more specific than that. There have been several Paris Hilton debacles.

7. Sxysprtswrtr

Sxysprtswrtr Active Member

What Barney wrote in his diary.

8. Her early release from prison.

9. Grimace

Grimace Guest

Grimace personifies the child in everyone. He's a big, fuzzy, purple fellow, and is Ronald's right-hand man.

Everyone in McDonaldland loves Grimace because of his innocent, loving nature. He's enthusiastic, eager and easily pleased. Grimace walks with a rolling gait, and can't be classified as any particular kind of animal.

When Grimace first emerged from his cave and confronted the other citizens of McDonaldland, he expected them to be frightened of him. The opposite turned out to be the case. No other character in McDonaldland is more beloved, especially by the children who visit McDonaldland from time to time. While initially conceived as a character representing McDonald's shakes, Grimace has transcended his role and is now seen as Ronald's closest friend. He still, though, retains his love of shakes.

Grimace is generous and affectionate. He occasionally causes minor problems in McDonaldland because of his clumsiness and perpetual confusion. But, these problems are generously overlooked by his many friends.

10. Damn, I was saving that for when you posted on the say something nice about the person above you thread. Now I'm all out.

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

I only had 23 posts that day, so the blame lies elsewhere. :)

I blame markvid and The Big Ragu.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Grimace's are real and they are spectacular.

Draft saved Draft deleted