1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to wear...

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by G-Spot, Nov 13, 2006.

1. G-Spot

G-Spot Member

I possess dudeness, so we're talking two buttons and pleats, not skirtage.

From the looks of the suggestions I'll wear the suit. However, I think I'll leave the French cuff Burberry shirt at home and just opt for the plain jane white Brooks Brothers barrel cuff with a simple but powerful tie.

2. WSKY

WSKY Member

Not allowed to dress better than the SE. Pretty hard to do at my job. I dress better than him when I'm sleeping.

3. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

A nice blouse and skirt with heels seems appropriate. Works for women, too.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Really? Even if it's just a simple little hoop?

5. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

double j - he didn't mean the one in your ear.

6. Double J

Double J Active Member

So I have to take the ones out of my eyebrows, lip, nose, nipples, navel and nether region? Damn, that's not fair!

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

You can't make me change my mind!! :D

8. Flash

Flash Guest

Oh come on, Farmer J, just once?

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

No less than a sport coat/nice shirt/slacks and tie ... a suit would be appropriate. Don't wear a tuxedo, unless you bring a top hat, cane and the tuxedo has tails. If you wear that, realize you will have to dance with the receptionist who may have boobs sagging to her knees.

10. PaperDoll

PaperDoll Well-Known Member

While I agree with SportsChick, it's difficult to find an affordable skirt suit 'round here. I went suit shopping with a MBA friend of mine at a local outlet mall, and she only looked at pantsuits. (Apparently no one in her office minds, since it's still a suit, and she's more comfortable not worrying about her hemline. ::)) I prefer skirts in general, but I might have to buy a pantsuit just because I want something new in my incredibly limited colder-weather business wardrobe. The major manufacturers must not want to see female legs in their offices!

11. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Some professions it's the opposite. I've got a female friend who is a young lawyer, and she was officially reprimanded by her bosses for not wearing a skirt to court one day. Apparently there is all kinds of research that shows female lawyers do significantly better in court when they're in a skirt.

12. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

Always wear a padded bra if your nipples tend to swell up under pressure.

Draft saved Draft deleted