1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do???

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Pickle_Juice, Jun 14, 2008.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Dools.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Man, I am flabbergasted some people are actually taking this thread seriously. But in all fairness, I think trim backs are not a bad thing. Better than hunchbacks, I suppose.

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

4. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Good get. I was too lazy to try to find it.

5. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Sorry. I'm well on my way to being an SportsJournalists.com nerd, but I'm not there yet. So much to learn, so much to learn....

I'm feeling overwhelmed...

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Ho

ly

crap.

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Too lazy to update your team in the NIAFL baseball league too, eh? :D

8. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

As a poster with an actual sock puppet as his name and as a person that joined in his first iteration right before you P_J, I say welcome back and I need a set of chef-quality knives.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

God I hate Pickle_Juice.

10. WriteThinking

WriteThinking Well-Known Member

Just a reminder, because it seems appropriate here: We actually do have a poster who uses the name SockPuppet as a handle.

Otherwise, I have to admit that I was one who had never read the SportsJournalists.com style guide, which, I see explains the thinly veiled exasperation with Pickle_Juice.

Alas, I was thrilled to see that it also explained something I'd been wondering about for awhile: Do all these journalists/writers really not know how to spell the word "loser"?!

I'd actually been tempted to ask a couple times, just because it seemed so incongruous, but had always thought better of it, fearing that there must be something going on to which I just was not privy...and then, I started to see it being spelled both as loser and looser, and so, I just figured it was a typo by some, or that, indeed, some just were misspelling it as "looser."

So, thanks for the guide. Great reading...

And Pickle_Juice: I think the problem with this particular thread start was that all the exclamation points in your original post made it seem kind of ambiguous, at least to me.

I know when I read it, I wasn't certain how I should take it -- seriously, or as something in which the tone maybe was being purposely exaggerated in terms of happy/excited, and which perhaps should have been in blue font but you'd neglected to apply it?

But, to answer your question now: You should probably know that practically everyone on here is concerned about the future of newspapers. Of course. It is almost a daily topic, discussed in many variations, on numerous different but related threads around here.

As someone who recently started an unpopular thread recently, however, I also can certainly understand what is probably your genuine desire to start another one on this topic, in the hope/expectation of simply discussing something that, it seems, is of honest interest to you.

I just wanted to let you know, from my perspective, at least, what the problem was with this particular post/thread of yours. Just so you know.

11. BrianGriffin

BrianGriffin Active Member

Just to be clear, as long as we are exposing our false identities, I'm not really a martini-drinking cartoon dog of ambiguous breeding origin.

Full disclosure.

But like Pickle Juice, Brian is concerned about all of this newspaper shit. In fact, he may have dumped on the floor — twice — to show his discontent. Bad dog. You can take a dog out of Jersey, but you can't take the Jersey out of the dog...

12. Full disclosure: I actually an a Democrat and a Christian. But I don't look like a half-shaded bust of Obama.

Draft saved Draft deleted