1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do with your letter jacket?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Brooklyn Bridge, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

One more vote for keeping it.

I moved about a 15 times over 3 cities until finally being able to settle down and buy a house (graduated in 85, bought house in 05).

My letterman jacket made all the moves until settling into the closet.

I hope my kids think it is cool and want to wear it one day.

2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I never got a letter jacket because they weren't trendy at my school in 1972, and I think my soccer letter and numerals got thrown out during a housecleaning frenzy several years ago. Bummer.

Keep it.

3. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

Wear it during love making, ala Mr. Plow.

4. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Winner.

5. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

Not the answer i was looking for, butwill have to give it a try.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Ditto for me, with a class ring thrown in for good measure.

The jacket was a piece of shit anyway. The sleeves were faux leather and the stitching came undone in the first year.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

I got a letter but they didn't do jackets at my school unless you played on the football team - and I didn't - and now I have no idea where the letter is. Wonder if I can get it replaced?

8. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Old guys who wear letter jackets are cool.
    Seriously, keep it. Or at least keep the letter. What's the harm? It's a piece of your personal history you'll never get back.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Another vote for keep it.

I still have my jersey from my senior year of playing sports in high school. We were supposed to turn them in at the end of the season, but I wanted to keep it as a keepsake. I ended up getting called into the coach's office, where I explained why I wanted it. It took a bit of discussion with the vice principal, before they decided to let me keep it if I paid for it. I think I shelled out $20 for it, although I don't quite recall.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

11. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Weep? Nah, I just laugh when I pull it out and contemplate how skinny I was in high school, compared to now. The jacket actually still in pristine condition and I keep it for sentimental reasons.

12. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

My wife and I both kept ours. We're thinking our kids might want to check them out someday.

Draft saved Draft deleted