1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What To Do In Rochester, NY

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, May 15, 2008.

1. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

I'm going to be up that way later this summer. What is there to do in that city? Anything?

I'm going to go to a ball game, but other that, suggestions?

2. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

two words: kodak-eastman. take the tour.

you will be sorry, but that's about it.

3. Pete Incaviglia

Pete Incaviglia Active Member

Jesus. I'm rethinking heading up that way after reading this: http://randompaul.blogspot.com/2007/03/home-of-brave-rochester-and-eastman.html (which is quite funny).

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

if it's in a blog, it has to be true.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There's a really good bbq place there that also doubles as a biker bar. Can't remember the name though.

6. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

eastman's?

7. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

When you're dead?

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Not much.

9. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Depends what you want to do. If you're into scenic hikes and the like, there's a ton to do within the Finger Lakes region. Sportswise, you have the RedWings (AAA baseball) and Rhinos (yeah, it's soccer, but they put on a good show). Depending on when you're there, the LPGA also does a tourney there, and the Champs Tour is going to be there in a few weeks. The Bills' training camp is there (at St. John Fisher) and if you want to get away for a day, Toronto is about a three-hour drive. There's also Darien Lake, which is an amusement park with a campground, within an hour or an hour-and-a-half.

10. Dinosaur BBQ. It's in the heart of downtown near the courthouse.

11. Also, there's a festival somewhere in the area, usually in the city, every weekend of the summer.

12. ColbertNation

ColbertNation Member

Ah, yes. I forgot the Dinosaur -- great eating.

Draft saved Draft deleted