1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do in Minneapolis (well, Bloomington)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by butch, Jun 10, 2008.

1. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I didn't know you were from Minnesota. All you talk about is sweltering weather and gila monsters.

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I just figured you'd send him to the Tap Room in Superior, Rosie. ;)

3. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Aw, come on, I'm not that cruel.

And I am a St. Paul native.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'll be around St. Paul in a few months. I'll be sure to bug you about it then.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nothing but love... if you want to take him to Reggie's, I'll recommend you as a tour guide... ;)

6. Two of my new favorite restaurants reside in the Warehouse District of Minneapolis: 112 (small plates, tapas-style) and Origami (sushi). I live in NYC and would put those two on par with just about anything.

7. Rough Mix

Rough Mix Guest

Matt's is in South Minneapolis just up from Lake Nokomis, on Cedar Avenue. The Juicy Lucy is molten lava and worth it.

The two cities with the most bars per capita (as far as I can remember) are Superior and Butte.

I assume butch is staying on the 494 strip. Pretty central location. Butch, do you have a rental?

8. Sconnie

Sconnie Member

If you're looking at going to a Zoo in the TC area, I recommend the Minnesota Zoo in/near Burnsville. Not only is it gigantic, they just opened a brand new Grizzly Exhibit that is fantastic...

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hey Jonesy,
    Am headed to MSP this weekend and we've decided that after we take my parents out for their 50th anniversary, we're headed to your favorite bar... should I mention your name?

10. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'll warn my contacts on the Minneapolis PD to be on the lookout.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My brother will have that under control from his days as floor pimp at a tittie bar...

Ms. Slappy is going to get quite a culture shock, going from the Nicolet Island Inn for dinner to Nye's for drinks...

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

When I'm in Minneapolis, I like to go to Brits for a couple pints and some lawn bowling on the roof deck.

Draft saved Draft deleted