1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What To Do In Milwaukee?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Pete Incaviglia, Apr 22, 2008.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

Had some jalapeno curds and cracked pepper ones last time. Gonna try the fried ones when I pass through Wiscy in a couple of months.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Spending time in Wisconsin will get anyone fat as a motherfucker. That's not even counting the beer-drinking.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Key sentence here.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

What the hell are you talking about?

[​IMG]

5. Good call on Balistereri's. It isn't far from the ballpark.

I know a lot of places to go in Milwaukee, but most of them probably aren't do-able with a child. Love that city, though.

6. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Excuse me, sir, but why are all those Illinois license plates always clogging Wisconsin's highways in all the up-north vacation areas?

The answer is simple: Wisconsin is where they go when they want to be somewhere. Illinois is where they go when they have to be somewhere.

7. pallister

pallister Guest

Well, Illinoisians have the mental capacity to travel. And the adults like to show kids what it was like back in the old days -- before technology and hygiene and such.

8. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If that were true, then they'd all go to Indiana and Kentucky. ;D

9. Go to a fish fry on Friday night. Love those fish fries.

10. Mira

Mira Member

Check out this Web site for things to do and stuff going on: www.onmilwaukee.com

Also, if the weather is nice and you're in the mood for a walk, go to downtown's Public Market or check out Brady Street.

Trocadero is a really good restaurant, and I think it would be baby-friendly. Elsa's, Eagan's and Coquette Cafe also are good, but maybe not as baby-friendly.

11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Or smart enough to stay away from Chicago.

12. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

If you are there in summertime, there are a shit-load of lakes for boating, skiing, fishing and swimming ... even within a 20-minute drive from downtown Milwaukee.

Draft saved Draft deleted