1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do in Buffalo?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ilmago, Sep 27, 2010.

1. Ilmago

Ilmago Guest

We like to consume a lot of beer.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Is there a metric equivalent?

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Been to Buffalo many times for football (headed there Sunday for their game against the dog-ass Jets) and other stuff and never had a bad time.

Hamilton, as I have said many times, is nothing more than the world's largest cheeseburger fart.

4. HC

HC Well-Known Member

If you're a beer drinker, the Pearl Street Grill. They brew their own and very well.

5. friend of the friendless

friend of the friendless Active Member

Mr R,

I've never been to the Albright-Knox but if Chuck Knox is involved in it, it has to be good.

YHS, etc

6. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

I find Pearl Street's beer drinkable, but highly uninspiring.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Just remembered this from the last time in Buffalo. First time at the Adams Mark and we asked the doorman/concierge where the Pearl Street Grill was and was it within walking distance? He promptly put us in the back of the hotel bus/limo, drove HC & I over there and even bought us a beer.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

That's a good one. If CK was involved it would only have a ground floor.

Seymour and Norty Knox were incredible community benefactors who supported the arts and sports. The Sabres would not exist without them. The Bills originally held training camp on their polo fields, and we played football on their polo fields as kids; their estate is now a state park.

Have a great time in Buffalo, the City of Good Neighbors.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Yes, but I can't do the conversion.
    Damn American education system.

10. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Catch the 10:05 Greyhound for Cleveland?

11. DisembodiedOwlHead

DisembodiedOwlHead Active Member

Another vote for Duff's.

12. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

Also, and I can't believe I forgot this, but you NEED to stop in at Jim's Steakout at I dunno, 4 a.m. after you're done drinking. Also if you have time, Mighty Taco is so delicious.

Draft saved Draft deleted