1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do going forward: CBS reporter sexually assaulted in Egypt

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by The Basement, Feb 15, 2011.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

i always enjoy reading the idealistic, fantasy-land take bloggers -- and many others -- take from the comfort of their war-torn cubicles, dorm rooms, homes, etc.

i'm willing to argue that there is no man on this planet who is more on the side of women in the equality debate. women are clearly the equal and often superior to men in every intellectual and emotional way i can imagine. but the PHYSICAL differences between men and women, which i am eternally grateful for 'cause you ladies smell so nice, are such that women are more susceptible to the kind of outrageous, sickening assault endured by lara logan.

blame god for this, no one else. i don't see this as an equality issue; this is a humanity issue. if there are situations anyone can offer in which men, due to their physical components, were in unimaginable danger, i'd be the first to scream that they should not be unnecessarily put in harm's way, either.

2. Mediator

Mediator Member

Terrible things have happened to male correspondents in chaotic situations, and I have not heard anyone talk about what those men did to provoke an attack.

That's a double standard, and not one that you can attribute to a religion or cultural norms in a far-off square.

Draft saved Draft deleted