1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do about idiot drug dealing neighbors? UPDATE: THEY MOVED!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Re: What to do about idiot drug dealing neighbors?

Call the courthouse.
    The owner of the property, is on file in the deeds or records room. You, as a citizen, have access to that info.
    All you need is the address of the property in question.

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Re: What to do about idiot drug dealing neighbors?

Great advice.
    Then either:
    A) Honk your horn outside the property manager's house at 3 a.m.
    B) Contact the property manager and tell him you're going to file charges against him for aiding & abetting a drug dealer
    or
    C) Offer to give him X months rent if he evicts the druggies at the end of the week (which by coincidence is the end of the month)

3. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

In my county you can look that up online. Might be the same in yours.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Another update: Until Saturday, they had been fairly quiet about everything. Very little horn honking, except to pick someone up from the house or to have one of them pick up one of their kids. Not pleasant, but I can tolerate it. They were actually, dare I say it, somewhat behaving themselves.

Part of which, I attribute, due to me looking out my window every single time they were honking their horns. I didn't do a thing, except looking out my window. A couple of them would look over at me with evil looks. Me, I'd just wave to them. One time, my youngest kid did the same. You could tell that they didn't have a damn clue how to react. They're so used to confrontation that when they got my little passive-aggressive reaction, they couldn't comprehend what was going on.

Another time, I was helping an adult friend load my son in his car seat so she could take him out for the day for fun. Car pulls up, honks horn. Druggies come out from the house. Friend, whose head is in the car, asks me, "Am I in the way?" I respond, "No, it's just some more drug dealers," out loud so that everyone heard me.

But, yesterday, a pickup truck pulls up, two guys jump out, and they get into a screaming match with the druggies in the house. Cursing, swearing, threatening, all that fun stuff. It lasts a couple of minutes, then the pickup leaves. My kids were outside in our backyard with some of their friends, with the same friend of ours watching them. Our friend wanted us to call the cops because she was worried that the situation was going to get out of hand, and some of my kids' friends were getting scared, even though they were in the back.

Then tonight, a different truck pulls up. Idiot woman keeps honking horn, about 7 or 8 times (I realize that in some cities, this is normal, but I'm in a very small town and the truck is about 20 feet from my front door). I turn on my outside light and just stare at them. They look over to me, continue their business, and pull away.

Still, I'm pissed off about these fucking assholes. Just when they were getting to the point where I could relax about their presence, they pull this shit.

My wife had called the property manager to complain about 6 weeks ago. Apparently, the manager wants these people out of the house too, but the owner won't let him evict. So, my wife called the owner, who said that unless another tenant is found right away, he won't boot them out because he needs the rent to pay his mortgage.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Have your wife tell the damn owner won't have a property to get rent from when it's seized by the cops for being a drug house. He will, however, still have the mortgage.

6. Drip

Drip Active Member

If you know, for a fact, they are dealing drugs. And if you know, for a fact, the police won't intervene, go to your state police, attorney general, all the way up through the chain of command. Someone will respond.
    Don't fuck with druggies yourself. You have too much to lose. If what they do on their property DOESN'T damage yours, don't worry about it.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Start documenting everything that happens. After you've done that for a week, go have a nice sit-down with the police chief after you've talked with the property owner. If he/she or the police chief won't do anything about it, go see the city council. If they won't, call the attorney general and/or the newspaper.

Document EVERYTHING, even tag numbers of the cars that drive up. Even take a few pictures during arguments and what-not.

8. Double J

Double J Active Member

This.

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Chicken dinner. (But not a baked chicken.)

Or tell him yourself.

10. WolvEagle

WolvEagle Well-Known Member

When I was growing up, my grandma and aunt lived together in a pretty rough neighborhood. My dad really wanted them to move, but they didn't want to - that was their home, yadda, yadda, yadda.

Anyhow, when the neighbors started acting up one summer, my dad went over there and spent the night. In the middle of the night, when the neighbors were loud, he hid near an open, upstairs window and cocked a shotgun. Let's just say the neighbors stopped fussin'. (And, no, my dad isn't a badass.)

11. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Believe me, I'd love to, although some others on here have warned me not to.

Thing is, I have kids, and the druggies have kids, and I don't want a gun to go off and end up hitting one of them.

I had just started documenting and then things had settled down with them until Saturday. I will probably have to start again.

12. Drip

Drip Active Member

Baron, this has gone on long enough. CALL SOMEONE NOW!!!! You have some ideas and others have given you some too. I understand your apprehension but the choice is simple, either you get up off the pot or piss. This is your home man. You don't have to settle for this shit.

Draft saved Draft deleted