1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do about idiot drug dealing neighbors? UPDATE: THEY MOVED!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Re: What to do about idiot drug dealing neighbors?

I think they do crack. One time, I heard the cult's mother yell at one of the guys for being a crackhead.

And you'll have to find some other place to get your drugs. I highly doubt after today that they would sell any to me :)

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I get woken up by drug deal arguments just about once a week. The problem is that I have to keep my windows open to keep my room cool and their arguments are within feet of my bottom floor windows so I feel like I'm taking part in the arguments. There's not really anything I can do, but I figure they'll do less early morning deals once it's cold, plus I'll have my windows closed then.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Crack use is pretty low these days, something like .19 percent of the population.
    At the very least, you've got to respect your neighbors for keeping it real.

4. baskethead

baskethead Member

We had semi-neighbors who sold meth (among other things, I'm sure). They set their garage on fire four times....they weren't very good at what they did. We eventually moved, not because of them (I actually miss watching them flee their garage), but I certainly don't miss them.

5. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

A can of gas, a book of matches. Problem solved.

6. Baron Scicluna

Strangely enough O_T, that thought actually went through my mind. Except, I keep thinking that the FBI or some really smart cops would use DNA evidence or something from the gas to link me to the fire.

Plus, I wouldn't want them to retaliate by burning down my own house. Like I said, I own, they rent, and I like my house just fine. I have things of value, while they probably have little more than junk, some of which, they've taken when we leave it out on the corner for anyone to take for free.

And they do have some very young children, as I do too. I would hate myself if anything happened to any of them. I feel sorry for their kids, who are growing up in that environment and will probably end up in the same position as they are.

7. Cadet

Cadet Guest

Then do something about it. Call CPS.

8. Baron Scicluna

They've been called on the family numerous times. We've seen them outside the house.

A few years ago, we knew one of their relatives and was fairly friendly with her. My wife went over to their house and found a 7-year-old home alone with a 6-year-old and a 5-year-old. The kids were crying because they didn't know where their mother was. My wife waited with them for over an hour to see if any adults were coming, then called the cops.

You would have thought that my wife was the criminal the way the woman and her relatives reacted when she saw the cops in her house. The woman had been over at the druggies' house two streets down (the druggies eventually moved across from us), and was all pissed off that my wife had called the cops.

The cops told me yesterday that the druggies have been booted out of several places already, so I'm hoping they'll eventually get the boot here.

9. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

Arson?

10. Baron Scicluna

O_T suggested that earlier, and as I said, believe it or not, it's run through my mind. My next door neighbor on the left side of me also joked to that it was too bad that the druggies wouldn't burn some crystal meth and burn the place down so we'd be rid of them.

So far, knock on wood, 1 1/2 days later, they've been fairly quiet. I only heard one horn honk today, and I think it was a different car that usual, so maybe they didn't get the message that the neighborhood knows that their horn honks are their drug deal signal.

Of course, now that I've jinxed it, they'll be loud as hell tomorrow with horns all day. ::)

11. RedSmithClone

RedSmithClone Active Member

You should call Walt Kowalski.

Oh wait, he died.

12. Baron Scicluna

An update: They've been slightly quieter the last couple of weeks after I had the shouting match with the one druggie. They barely honked their horns (maybe once a day), until today, when I heard them a couple of times. I've tried to videotape them, but, like I've said, they've been a little less obvious about what they are doing.

My wife had a brief conversation with the 'matriarch', if you want to call her that. Apparently, the people were all set to move a few weeks ago, but the fucktard property manager convinced them to stay. This in spite of several calls to him by my wife and I, as well as the neighbors. I tried to look up the property manager's address, but only his street is listed. Too bad. I was thinking about honking my horn at 3 a.m. outside his house.

Draft saved Draft deleted