1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What to do about idiot drug dealing neighbors? UPDATE: THEY MOVED!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Baron Scicluna, Oct 5, 2009.

1. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Great news Baron.
    Fingers are crossed that the new tennants (whenever they move in) don't turn out to be drug dealers or operators of a brothel.

2. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

Fixed to reflect my feelings. Brothels=hot chicks.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Congrat. I'm glad it worked out for you. I also hope that you learned a lesson of standing your ground and not taking crap from a rotten neighbor.

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's the thing. We all were standing our ground. Problem was, no one was helping us when we were asking.

Finally, I had found the right person/people, who actually did something.

Today, the landlord is working on the place, and two women, one of whom was very elderly, and a very young boy came to look at the place. Maybe they'll be nice and quiet.

6. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Sounds like schoolteachers. You may have another problem on your hands. [/Poindexter]

7. Baron Scicluna

And a further followthrough:

My wife noticed a woman walking into the house. Come to find out, she's the sister of the out-of-state property owner. She lives in the next town over and owns her own rental property further down the street.

According to her, the property manager never informed them of any issues with the druggies. She said that had they known, they would have ousted them much sooner. She also said that the druggies were three months behind on their rent, but that the property manager had charged the owners for his cut of the rent anyways. They fired him.

She also said that when she and her father (the dad of the owner), found nine trashed beds when they went in, found hypodermic needles and crack pipes, and the house was totally trashed (big surprise, I know).

She told my wife that they're going to have to do a major renovation on the place and will eventually rent the place again. She said that she was going to be managing the property.

So, yeah, they were doing drugs there, stupid fools.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

They are gone now Baron. Live on. Live long. And prosper.

9. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

Was doing some searching on another topic and came across this. Baron, what became of this? Do you have new neighbors yet? Hopefully some tame ones.

I'm going back and forth on buying a duplex my grandparents owned from the 50s to the early 90s (and in which I lived until I was 6 months old). Reading horror stories such as this make me think otherwise.

10. Baron Scicluna

Thanks for being concerned Corky. Things have been going well for the past few months.

The owner of the place promised to find good tenants, and so far, she's been good to her word. She found a couple with several teenage daughters, one college age. The girls are a little loud at times around 10 p.m. or so, but nothing major. The only other annoying issue is most of them smoke, and I find a few cigarrette butts on my sidewalk from time to time. Compared to the other idiots, though, I'm perfectly willing to let that slide.

There was some issues with the drug dealers that hadn't been resolved until the end of spring. Two doors down from their original place (with the abandoned house in between them), they had friends/relatives. And the druggies decided to make that their new hangout.

Multiple cars coming in, screeching up and down the street, same old shit. We also had a new neighbor right across the street from them. First time we met, the neighbor flat out asked me if they were druggies. Needless to say, I confirmed.

They also were doing the same crap of blasting music until midnight, screaming and yelling and getting drunk. This got tiresome pretty quick.

One night, both I and my quiet next door neighbor called the cops within five minutes of each other (we didn't know the other one called). Cops came, told them to be quiet. Afterwards, we could hear them bitching and moaning about how they can't party on the street. Well no shit, sherlocks.

I also called the owner of the place, who basically said he had just been there and didn't see any drug evidence (like the druggies would just be leaving their stash out for him to see). He basically told me to gather evidence.

But the funny thing was, our local paper's web site has one of those pages to report a problem, whether it's crime or road conditions. And someone had posted a thing about the house, right after the cops had come, about how bad it was there. A couple of the women from the house defended themselves, claiming there were no drugs, and that they just liked to party.

I ended up posting on there that the entire street knew what they were doing because they were so obvious about it, and were practically announcing to all of us what they were doing.

Couple that with the cop calls, and they've been dead silent ever since. I think they told their druggie friends to know their roles and shut their mouths.

And this has been about 4-5 months now. Hopefully, I'm not jinxing anything.

Thanks again for asking.

Draft saved Draft deleted