1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What time does a 3 p.m. game start?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by slappy4428, May 17, 2007.

1. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

The fine city of Montgomery

2. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Well, that's close enough....

3. OnTheRiver

OnTheRiver Active Member

9 out of 10 fastpitch softball game stories could, theoretically, be written this way:

(CITY), (STATE ABREV.) — (Winner) High scored on a two-out throwing error in the (pick one) inning on (date) to defeat (Loser) High 1-0 on (insert date).

The game's lone run scored in the (whatever) inning when (player name) reached first base on a slap single. (Player name) advanced to second on a groundout, then took third on a sacrifice bunt by (player name here). She scored when (other player) reached first on a throwing error.

(Winner) High pitcher (name) then made the lead stand up by striking out the last (however many) batters of the game to lower her season ERA to (whatever ridiculous number near 0.15).

4. John

John Well-Known Member

Home of ... stuff, surely.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So much for my first game lead....

6. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

The first capital of the Confederacy.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It's not home of a poker game... none of these goobers play cards...

Looks like we'll have to take John out for a night of grocery shopping at Publix...

8. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

Seeing the Cadillac Hank Williams Sr. died in the back seat of in an alcoholic haze was cool.... past that I've got nothing.

9. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

I think he may prefer Kroger.

10. John

John Well-Known Member

My legend precedes me. I got the Fresh Market (or is it Whole Foods) in Mountain Brook on the way home.

And should you sumbitches live where I do, you'd probably do the same. Sumbitches.

11. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Magnificently, it's Whole Foods. I'll be there right after you

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted