1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"What time do CEOs wake up?"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Apr 4, 2013.

1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

So we've discerned two attributes necessary for every world-beating, millions-making CEO: he or she must own both an alarm clock and a telephone.

2. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

It's a trick question. CEOs never go to sleep because money never sleeps, pal.

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Oh for fuck's sake, I get up between 4 and 4:30. BFD. Getting up at 6:20 is fucking sleeping in for me. Alot of people do. Go jogging around your neighborhood at 5:00am. You'll see plenty of people up.

Their schedule sounds like a donut shop owner or other small business owner. Substitute "emails" for "customer sales at the register".

This deification of CEOs is a crack up.

4. X-Hack

X-Hack Well-Known Member

4:30 am on gym days. 5:15 on workdays. I'm usually at work by 6:45. I usually don't leave until 5 (even though my workday is "officially" over at 2:30) and then I do a few hours of work at home after my kids get to bed.

I am of course one of those lazy, tenured teachers mailing it in until pension time.

5. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Roughly 50% or more of the people in my neighborhood are awake when I leave the house at 5:25 a.m. each morning. There's generally a handful of people out walking their dogs or jogging. But that's because, as Dick noted above, I live in an area with a TON of people who commute into DC, which I do myself. You either leave early and have a half-decent commute or sleep in and end up murdering someone.

The slug lines at my commuter lot (five or six different lines) are 20-30 deep by 5:45 a.m. I went in late one time and stopped to pick up a couple riders at 7:30 a.m. It was damn near empty.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I want to be the CEO who gets to work 180 days a year. :D

7. Shit.
    Anybody with school-age kids and a full time job is prolly up before 5.

8. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I think if you were to do a survey of successful people, the No. 1 thing you'd find is the ability of those people to get by without a lot of sleep at night. Like four hours or less.

9. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Forget waking up. I want to know when a CEO takes a dump. I'd like to think a Super CEO is so organized and efficient he's got the timing down to right before his shower so he can stay fresh all day long.

10. I'll bet high-powered execs aren't lounging on the crapper, reading the SI.
    Get in, get it out, get off and get going.

11. poindexter

I wonder what time former Bear Stearns CEO Jimmy Cayne would wake up after a night of smoking pot and playing bridge.

12. poindexter

An underling sprays their Blackberry with Lysol every morning.

Draft saved Draft deleted