1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What three people would you want to have dinner or play golf with?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 26, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

This always seems to be a question asked of high school athletes these days when there's a light feature/Q&A in one of the local papers.

Dinner: Bobby Orr, Nolan Ryan and Alan Page.

Golf: Bob Newhart, Jim Furyk and John Daly.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Erin Andrews, Lugnuts, and a bartender.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Nicely played....

4. Ledbetter

Ledbetter Active Member

Caddychicks?

5. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Would not want to be greedy so I think I would settle for diner with just 21 and Luggy. It would give us opportunity to discuss future of NIAFL.

6. Gold

Gold Active Member

assuming they would have to be living

Dinner: David Letterman, Bill Clinton, and Warren Buffett. -- three incredible minds, great stories, and Buffett could pick up the check. If I could only pick one, I would pick Warren Buffett and I would even pay. I think the guy is brilliant.

Golf: Jesus, Moses, and St. Peter. I don't play golf, but I figure I could get a lifetime supply of jokes from the experience.

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Gold,

I hate to break it to you, but I believe Moses and St. Peter are dead. Peter was a bit of a hothead in his day, too. Probably throws his clubs.

8. joe

joe Active Member

Dinner: Tom Robbins, just to know how he came up with "wolfmother wallpaper." Bill Clinton, just to ask how he could let that ugly cow fuck up the last two years of his presidency. Sheryl Crow, just for those lips.
    Golf: David Toms, but only if his hot-ass wife caddies. Charles Barkley, just to take his ass in a Nassau. Jones, just to hear him wheeze "Dairy Queen" from the 12th hole on.

9. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Dinner: Patrick Dempsey for his eyes, my great-grandmother, and Karl Marx (I'm a fan of his work, not necessarily his beliefs)

Golf: my dad (he always plays with my sister, never me), Michael Barrett (so I could wash his balls ;) ), and Vijay Singh

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Fixing your typo.

For dinner: Wolfgang Puck (so that it would be something different on the table), Susan Sarandon (good convo and easy on the eyes) and William F. Buckley (would be easy to tune out so I could focus on Sarandon).

For golf: My three best high school buddies, since I don't golf and I figure we could make every hole the 19th.

11. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I liked his earlier, funny stuff.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

He did his best work with his brothers.

Draft saved Draft deleted