1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"What, they're still around?"

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TigerVols, Nov 22, 2009.

1. finishthehat

finishthehat Active Member

The group that did the one-hit wonder "Tighter and Tighter" ("Hold oonnnn, just a little bit tighter now, baby....") is still together, with this message on their official site:

"We do everything from beach and backyard parties, to weddings, black tie, and corporate events. We are also available for big venue concerts.
    "We’re celebrating our 40th anniversary by slashing prices… so don’t hesitate to call for more info."

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Polaroid makes HDTV's now too. My buddy has one.....it's pretty sweet, click print and you get a 46" image of whatever was on the screen...... but it's kind of a bitch shaking the pic so it develops.

3. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Coming to Giants Stadium....Alive and Kicking!

But seriously, they were unhappy that the confection Tighter and Tighter was their hit; they fancied themselves serious musicians. Similarly, Looking Glass was pissed that Brandy became their hit and their harder-rocking songs hardly made a dent. Lots of stories like that, and of exploitation of 1960s pop bands. I'm sure I've told the story of the Vogues on here before.

4. SoCalDude

SoCalDude Active Member

A friend of mine is a VP for Kodak. Talk about having to reinvent yourself.
    Kodak used to get 85 percent of its revenue from selling film. Now, hardly any. Yet, still a successful major company.

Draft saved Draft deleted