1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the hell is wrong with people? Man indicted for throwing infant into ditch

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KYSportsWriter, Oct 8, 2011.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

http://www.kystandard.com/content/man-indicted-throwing-infant-ditch

And the guy looks like a winner ...
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. printdust

printdust New Member

You can't tell by looking at him?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Death.

Everybody would be a lot better off, including him.

4. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Wow, aren't we judge, jury and executioner?

5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

The story is really just a bare-bones report of an indictment. There's really very little details. Did the guy know the woman and the baby? Was he the father? Married to her? Just a jealous ex-boyfriend? Or was this a totally random attack?

Also, nothing about the injuries the baby, or the woman sustained. A couple of bruises, critical condition or dead?

The guy looks like the twin brother of Jared Loughner (sp), and is in all probabliity a piece of shit, but there are so many details of this story missing. Not that it justifies harming a baby, by no means. But I'd like to find out more before sentencing him to be drawn and quartered.

6. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Baron,

My quick, snippy little comment was written for much of what you just finished saying.

As someone who has covered crime in the past, and as someone who had to sweat the possibility that I might face a libel lawsuit, the subject line of this thread is way too close to convicting someone who is only accused of a crime for my tastes.

If a copy editor put this as a headline in a paper I ran, I'd have a conniption. He's indicted on charges of throwing an infant into a ditch. Unless a jury comes back with a conviction AND he admits to doing it, it's irresponsible for KY to write what he did in the subject line and the first post here.

7. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Irresponsible?

I freaking used what the paper did.

8. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

AS is pointed out numerous times here every day, this is not a newspaper.

Probably worth pointing out you don't agree with the title, and an "allegedly" wouldn't be a terrible idea, but holy shit. It's not a newspaper.

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

As someone who has posted on message boards in the past, and as someone who understands libel, thus has never had to sweat a libel lawsuit, this guy looks exactly like someone who would throw an infant face down in a ditch.

10. imjustagirl

As someone who has read your posts before, and as someone who therefore realizes you are a brilliant asshole, you're safe because you said he looked like someone who would do it, not that he IS someone who would do it. Now, his evil twin who did this? He might be mad you outed his scheme to pin this poor schlub.

But as someone who once read a book about a twin being framed, I say without remorse that you're fine.

11. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

As someone who has dealt with baby assaulting evil twins in the past, and thus understands their violent nature, I no longer feel safe having revealed his nefarious plans. And to think, his felonious ways all started when some overbearing ref flagged him for chest bumping a teammate.

12. imjustagirl

Since I have, in fact, watched a sport once, I'm flagging you for being you.

Draft saved Draft deleted