1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the hell is wrong with people: Breakfast cereal division

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jun 5, 2013.

1. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I eat them one at a time, so I can feel like a giant eating donuts.

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Oh, I agree. A Muslim wouldn't gain enough traction in the current two-party "I wanna win at all costs" environment. You have to govern from the center now. It's more about not pissing people off than actually doing anything for them.

Romney got nominated for one reason: Lots of Republican money people thought he was the only one who had a chance to beat Obama head-to-head. They were probably right. Rick Santorum, Newt Gingrich, Rick Perry, Ron Paul and the others would have fared even worse.

People can and will differ on matters of faith, but how can one suggest we don't NEED God for guidance. Left to our own devices, we're a pretty ignorant bunch. God's grace is the only thing that has kept America afloat for 230-something years. Turn your collective back on God (which I fear is happening) and you'll be toast pretty quickly.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

But most are more ignorant WITH god's "guidance."

4. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Eh, true enough. Whether God actually helps or not is very much open to debate. But, we certainly need all the help we can get and can't really afford to be snubbing our noses at deities.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Ask the Tea Party what they think of interracial dating?

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Too bad the mom wasn't pouring herself a nice hot cup of chai from the Hitler coffee pot.

7. Uncle Frosty

Uncle Frosty Member

8. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

2 Corinthians 6:14-17

Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness? What accord has Christ with Belial? Or what portion does a believer share with an unbeliever? What agreement has the temple of God with idols? For we are the temple of the living God; as God said, “I will make my dwelling among them and walk among them, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Therefore go out from their midst, and be separate from them, says the Lord, and touch no unclean thing; then I will welcome you ...

It's not about race.

9. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

1 Corinthians 7:12-14
    ... if any brother has a wife who is an unbeliever, and she consents to live with him, he should not divorce her. If any woman has a husband who is an unbeliever, and he consents to live with her, she should not divorce him. For the unbelieving husband is made holy because of his wife, and the unbelieving wife is made holy because of her husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.

Seems to expressly say Christians can marry nonChristians.

10. pressboxer

pressboxer Active Member

Sounds like some folks may have misinterpreted a line.

11. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

I think it's fairly easy, you surround yourself with the smartest people who can find and who know the most possible about everything national security, national defense, etc. Lean on them to help you make your decisions.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Once you try chocolate Cheerios, you never go back.

Draft saved Draft deleted