1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the hell is wrong with people: Breakfast cereal division

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jun 5, 2013.

1. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

This, again. Turn off the comments. Every. Single. Time.

On the other hand, if you're in the camp of "all publicity is good publicity", I hadn't thought about Cheerios in years before all this. Not any more or less motivated to buy them, but it did get the name out there.

2. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

So, if we had a black, lesbian, Methodist in the oval office we'd see some crazy shit?

3. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Yep, it brings out the worst in people. Methodist would be tolerable. Mormon or Muslim would not be. If there ever was an open Muslim elected president, he would be assassinated within a month. And the shooter would justify by saying God told him to do so to save America.

4. Bodie_Broadus

That'd never happen in America, no way would anyone Muslim be elected. We'll have an Athiest as president before that happens which I don't think is a bad idea. I'd like someone in the highest position in the land who doesn't need God for guidance.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Yet the GOP nominated a Mormon for President, who then lost, but it wasn't because of his religion.

And Methodist is tolerable? John Wesley weeps.

6. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

Just wondering. Was the ad for the multi-grain Cheerios?

7. Imagine the Christian right's reaction if a Unitarian or Deist were nominated in today's climate.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

My cereal pantry, at the moment, is nothing but Cheerios. Multgrain, regular, chocolate, peanut butter multigrain. My 15-year-old, who generally does nothing quickly, can snarf down a box of chocolate Cheerios like Roy Hibbert sucking down Gatorade (if you don't know what I mean, google "Roy Hibbert Challenge"). Our box tops have played a critical part in allowing our junior high to buy exercise equipment.

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

Cheerios are great, if you put enough sugar on them.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Anyone actually seen these racist Cheerios comments?

11. Bodie_Broadus

The aftertaste is horrible.

12. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Peanut butter multigrain is a gift from the cereal gods.

Draft saved Draft deleted