1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the hell is wrong with people: Breakfast cereal division

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

Dog's new fave cereal.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Again, I'm just trying to explain to people who were never in that environment what it is like. To outsiders, it may seem like total nonsense, as silly as Muslim women covering their heads or Sikhs wearing a turban when they play soccer. But there are millions of people just in the United States who believe and live this way.

Honestly, if people think I'm intolerant or whatever, they should come spend a week in that environment. I'm often made to be an outcast because I'm too liberal, too tolerant and don't uphold the standard well enough. So I guess I'm sort of in the middle, and that's fine with me.

3. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

The Old Testament imperatives on marriage had to do with the consequences of marrying other groups based on religious differences. Some of those happened to be of another race, but that wasn't the issue. It won't stop some among us who loathe anything religious (except Islam, of course) of calling the Bible the how-to book of the KKK.

4. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Very much so.

Having a black president really has brought it out of people.

5. dog eat dog world

In that argument, gay marriage will bring it out of people who up to recent days, just ignored it.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

My grandfather, who was a Baptist minister, used the Bible to justify his opposition to interracial relationships, and explained it to me when I was in high school and had a girlfriend of a different race. He used some verse that went along the lines of "Be ye not unequally yoked." (I'd look it up, but I'm too lazy to do so.) Of course, he also thought I shouldn't have married a Lutheran, using the same reasoning.

7. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

Do you think if we had another middle-aged white man in the White House, there would be all this racist shit out there?

I sure as hell don't, hell, I think it'd be even worse if we had a woman president. Who do people hate more, women or black men?

8. dog eat dog world

He twisted it. That verse refers to a believer and an unbeliever..then goes on to say but if you are married to an unbeliever, stay in it because salvation might come through you.

9. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

2 Corinthians 6:14

Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Oh, yeah, there would be no Tea Party without a black president. And I have no doubt that there are Rand Pauls out there who can articulate pretty well a philosophical basis for a Tea Party. But I'm sure it wouldn't cover most followers' reasons for being part of it.

11. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Black women. Some of the shit tossed in the direction of Michelle Obama and Condaleesa Rice before her has been fucking appalling. I love some of these overweight white twats who have tossed racist, sexist and weight-based jabs at Obama for her desire to get their overweight white twat kids to eat healthier. That nerve of that uppidity bitch.

12. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That depends who is doing the hating.

White > Black

Straight > Gay

Male > Female

Protestant > Non-Protestant

That's the way I was taught and there was no questioning that.

Draft saved Draft deleted