1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the hell is wrong with people: Breakfast cereal division

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Jun 5, 2013.

1. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

2. Greenhorn

Greenhorn Active Member

Yeah, I read about the commercial elsewhere. Incredibly sad that something like that innocuous ad would spark so much outrage and hate. We still have a looooooong way to go in this country.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Their religion tells them interracial marriage is bad. So I think we need to be respectful of this viewpoint, otherwise we are the true bigots.

4. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Even better, the first TV ad with an interracial couple aired at least 15 years ago.

So nobody has been paying very close attention.

5. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Anybody who was surprised this ad would generate racist comments on YouTube has clearly never read YouTube comments.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yep. YouTube commenters are the lowest of the low.

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

This country's going backwards

8. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Been worrying about the gayz....

9. expendable

expendable Well-Known Member

I don't know of anywhere in The Good Book where interracial marriage is frowned upon. Believers marrying unbelievers, yes, but race, no.

10. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

No, it's more of a "Christian culture" thing, rather than a direct biblical mandate. But things that have been part of a culture for generations don't die out overnight.

I understand it is hard for people who grew up differently to understand the mindset. I was emersed in it from birth. The entire family, extended family, friends, basically everyone I ever knew subscribed to this way of thinking. So it sort of got passed down to my siblings and I almost by osmosis. I never thought much about it, because I was never exposed to anything else. It's just the way life was.

11. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

This is like bitching about Ike jokes. Way past this now.

However, the first gay couple is coming to a cereal near you soon. Totally different story there.

12. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Mark, that's BS...unless you think Westboro Baptist reflects much of Christendom. Then it's more than BS.

Draft saved Draft deleted