1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the hell is a chargeback??

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by golfnut8924, Nov 17, 2009.

1. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

So I just looked at my bank account online and there is a $36 withdrawal for something called "debit chargeback" for "uncollected funds." Anyone know what the hell this is? I'll call my bank in the morning but I was wondering if I could find an answer before then. Thanks!

2. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

NSF, my friend. Insufficient funds. Sorry.

rb

3. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I don't know if this will answer your question, but I found something.

4. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Huh. Well, that could be it, too. Thing is, I would think that would ADD money to his account, no?

rb

5. golfnut8924

golfnut8924 Guest

Turns out my bank has a customer service number that stays open late so I was able to call.....

I sold a lady some photos of her kid from a soccer game and her check didn't clear because there was some kind of hold on her account. Not insufficient funds like a bounced check but works sort of the same way.

Anyway, now I have the task of tracking this lady down and beating my 36 bucks out of her. Wish me luck! And thanks for the responses.

Draft saved Draft deleted