1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the hell happened to UCLA in the second half?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Almost_Famous, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Up like 18 in the first half, about 12 at the break, and i decided to catch up on TIVO shows, so i turned off the game.
    Just saw UCLA lost to Stanford by 7?

WTF?

Anyone watch?

Was anyone ejected? Stanford shoot 20-for-20 from the field?

Anyone?

2. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

Basically, Stanford stopped turning the ball over. They spread the floor and made UCLA defend them one-on-one, and the Bruins couldn't do it. I think Stanford scored 50 in the second half. Offensively, UCLA seemed to forget Afflalo existed until it was too late. The Bruins crumbled, but Stanford is pretty good. With the two 7-footers, they'll be a tough draw for somebody in the tournament.

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

When I was in college, a buddy and I were watching the Knicks-Pacers playoff game.

Knicks were up by 6 with less than 20 seconds left so we went to get some food at Burger King.

We came back and the Pacers had won. I shook my hand at the sky and said DAMN YOU GOD WHY HAVEN'T YOU CREATED SPORTSJOURNALISTS.COM YET SO I COULD FIGURE OUT WHAT HAPPENED??

So to answer your question: I have no idea.

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

Stanford is strong at home, but away from the friendly confines of Maple ... it isn't much.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Basically, Afflalo stopped scoring and Stanford shot well better than 30 percent after halftime.

6. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

The night Kirk Gibson's home run to beat the A's, me and a guy leave a hotel room full of folks getting after a football game for a doughnut run. Get back and the freakin' Dodgers had won.

That sucked.

7. broadway joe

broadway joe Guest

They won at Virginia and beat Texas Tech away from Maples. They're not bad on the road. They have been up and down, but lately it's been mostly up. Looks like a young team that's getting better.

8. Twoback

Twoback Active Member

If I only could keep straight which of the Lopez twins is the good one.
    I hope to have it figured out by the time they leave.

9. John

John Well-Known Member

I chose playing pickup basketball over the chance to watch Tyson-Douglas, figuring Mike would do his usual thing.

D'oh.

Draft saved Draft deleted