1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the heck has happened to Tiger Woods?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Mar 12, 2011.

1. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

This concludes our Hallmark special presentation. Tune in next time for the touching story of how five players in one recruiting class overcame the odds against them to become icons of that underappreciated era of the 1990s.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

You guys are dense as can be.

Convinced the guy is dirty in regards to PEDs? Break the news.

Otherwise, STFU.

3. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Outing alert: hondo is a Perkin's waitress.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

On a journalist website, I have to be the one to point out the most misused word per usage (irony wins for net misuses, but it's a compiler).

5. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Dooley appreciates your stepping up while he struggles to recover.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The burden of proof is on those making the charges. No one has screamed from the rooftops that he's clean. Merely pointing out that Tiger led the charge among players to test.

Don't forget that most what you spout off about on this thread couldn't be written in your publications. Your editors would laugh their asses off or tell you to go out and get some proof.

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Okay, admittedly lazy writing. How about "wonderful" (by all appearances) wife? Better?

8. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Our daughter is convinced that Toger Woods' troubles have something to do with the Daleks.

9. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

hondo, I'd be more inclined to agree with you if you hadn't anointed yourself Woods' biggest apologist on this board for the last eight years. Doesn't matter what the thread is about, you're defending Woods. Which is fine, just don't pretend like you're impartial here.

Woods could easily say he wanted steroid testing knowing full well that if he was taking HGH, it would never be detected. His whole public life has been phony, a series of moral justifications to suit his own wants and desires, and I'm not sure why anyone would think he'd be any different when it came to rules of his sport.

The suggesting that he has absolute integrity about anything in his life is absurd, and that includes golf rules, especially after that incident at the PGA a few years ago where Stevie clearly stepped on his ball but neither one of them would admit it so Woods wouldn't have to take a 2-stroke a penalty. He made the cut by a stroke that tournament, btw.

http://articles.nydailynews.com/2005-08-13/sports/18305133_1_tiger-woods-hazard-line-embedded

10. JC

JC Well-Known Member

Hondo, you're a foof. Lance Armstrong was all about being tested and never failing a test. Are you naive enough to believe he is clean? Of course Woods was all for testing, they weren't testing for HGH. Sycophant would be a good word for you. Jesus Christ just look at him, he is a highly competitive athlete who thinks he is above being caught, and his life is all about winning. All of sudden he is going to take the moral high ground on PED's?

Again not saying he did or didn't but to dismiss it is a naive as any writer that claims any baseball player over the last 20 years "did it clean".

Correct me if I'm wrong, was it not you who believed an episode of Friday Night Lights was not realistic because some members of the team broke curfew and got smashed? Try getting outside the country club gates once in a while.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I guess all those moon rocks and hours of live TV weren't proof enough?

Anyway, I'm far from being an apologist for Woods. He's a prick with fans and the media. I've defended his overall performances in news conferences the same way I defend any Tour player who's very bland in those settings: veteran golf writers somehow have this idea that every player has to be Fuzzy or Trevino in pressers and entertain us. I only want some info.

Tiger's personal behavior in regards to his marriage has been disgusting.

If he had hired Charles Manson to be his caddie, it would be an improvement over the quality of human being carrying his bag.

What I have said is that no one was better when he was playing well and he still has a lot of years left to regain that level. I personally don't think he's used any PEDs. There is no evidence to the contrary.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Jesus Christ, now I'm getting hammered because I didn't think a fictional TV show was realistic (the part where half the team leaves the hotel room on a road trip to get plastered is decidedly not realistic, according to the many high school coaches I know. They know they'd be open to countless lawsuits if they didn't make sure the kids weren't in the room. And it was funny on FNL how many kids under 21 were strolling into bars and getting served).

And look it up: Tiger was on the moral high ground about testing when he was on top of his game.

Draft saved Draft deleted