1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the heck has happened to Tiger Woods?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Mar 12, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

By the way, nice little 66 Tiger hung on Doral today to finish T10. There might be a little gas left in the tank.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Beej signal has been aimed at the sky

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I was a huge TW fan (as a minority golfer, I admittedly gravitated towards him rather than say DLIII).

From afar I'd say its a mental problem because he feels so exposed. Look at in the abstract, as he walks among everyone now, both in and out of the ropes, he knows all eyes looking at him probably know what a clown he was, hooking up with the Dennys waitress and buying her a $5 Subway sandwich while the penultimate wife was home pregnant (not sure if that lines up on the timeline.) Then after everything is pulled out from him, he's lost.

I've got a buddy going through a divorce now and while he's no TW, he told me he feels so alone at times. I really think Tiger feels that way, even though he was already apart from them alot, he knew they were under his roof; now its somewhere else where he's not welcome.

As a human being, I hope he continues to try to make amends to Elin and his kids and someday gets his peace of mind again.

As for the golf, he's got a long way to go because while he's lost the last 18 mos, everyone else has been moving forward. He's no longer the one to overpower the course, there's Dustin and Bubba now to lead the way. Until Tiger becomes the greatest putter again, his 66 to come in 10th will be no different than Kevin Sutherland shooting 65 to get a top ten at the Players; yawn.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Goddammit qtlaw ... it's Perkins. PERKINS.

The Denny's chicks wouldn't be caught dead with him.

5. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I meant to put in a (?) because they don't have Perkins here on the Left Coast. I almost called her a "Sambos" waitress to show my age.

6. bigbadeagle

bigbadeagle Member

Maybe he was just glad to be away from Mickelson for the first time in the tournament.

7. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Again, all you people who are convinced Tiger took PEDs, knock yourselves out and break the story. All the other guys have been exposed/accused in print: Bonds, McGwire, Palmeiro, Sosa, Armstrong. Got the goods on Tiger? Break it.

As I've said before, there is much about Tiger to rip, criticize or mock, but he among the players took the leader in urging drug testing. Not even he, in his most narcissistic, cocky, smug point in life, would be stupid enough to demand testing and then test positive.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"He wouldn't?"

[/Gary_Hart]

9. JC

JC Well-Known Member

What a naive world you live in. I also believe Samy Sosa said he welcomed testing and he would be first in line to get tested. Players lie, plain and simple.
    Nobody knows for sure whether he did or didn't but to outright dismiss the possibility because he was calling for testing and has never tested positive is as naive as the baseball writers of the 90's. His doctor being caught with HGH would be a red flag for most.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

So, to recap, if Tiger started taking good drugs again and visited a shrink, he'd win the grand slam next year.

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

What I want to know is, since the wife is no longer in the picture, is he free to be a world-class poon hound again without being labeled a sex addict and going through "rehab"? Or can he still not get his freak on? Maybe he's just all backed up under the world's scornful eye.

All athletes should go the Jeter route, chase as much tail as you can openly and publicly until you're 35 and then attach yourself to a younger goddess.

12. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

The Jeter route is fine (I took the old Jeter route but in the Class D league and am among the older parents in my kids' classes). Maybe he thought that Elin was his great love. Whatever his past problems, I only hope that he realizes that he's been blessed with two miracles, his kids and that he never loses sight of that.

Draft saved Draft deleted