1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the heck has happened to Tiger Woods?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Mar 12, 2011.

1. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

It's one thing to be narcissistic. It's another thing for it to rise to the level of disorder-- something clearly in the DSM. And if he is severely disordered, the ramifications are very real-- including but not limited to a complete loss of confidence, and of self, really.

I realize I sound like Dr. Drew, but some of you see a robot on your X-Box-- If he's not functioning, it has to be a knee.

If you think mental has nothing to do with it at all, my guess is you've never played golf.

2. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

I'm sure some of it is mental. But he's had more injuries than just the knee.

One question: Do you wag your finger back and forth at us while you write these things? I imagine you doing it.

3. Lugnuts

In your case, it's actually the middle finger.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

and now you know the rest of the story.

To all those people that felt smug satisfaction when Tiger was dominating. eat sh*t and die.

Maybe if he started banging cocktail waitresses, two at a time, he'd get his game back.

5. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

I'm not sure that I know the history behind that last statement or that I want to know it. It is funny, though, given that many people were basically Tiger Woods press agents a few years ago, and now they are leaping over each other to criticize him.

6. Iron_chet

Iron_chet Well-Known Member

I think Luggie is on to something here.

His entire routine and structure was taken away as well. I don't think you can underestimate what that provided him to be able to be the golfer he was.

7. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Without knowing Paul Harvey's handicap, I'm going to wager he'd never sniff 83 on a British Open track.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

And of course I mean "could" never since he's dead an all.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Dorothy Parker would be proud. Well done.

10. Lugnuts

Thanks, man. You've had a few good ones yourself lately.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I'm a reverse Tiger Woods effect: a mediocre game having its moments.

12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

If you have any evidence to the contrary, feel free to break the news.

Draft saved Draft deleted