1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What the heck has happened to Tiger Woods?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by old_tony, Mar 12, 2011.

1. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Watching this weekend's tournament and they just showed two of Woods' shots -- one from yesterday one from today.

A topped driver off the tee that went just 122 yards and a 3-wood off the tee where he hit the ground behind the ball and it went just 188 yards.

Those are two hacker swings. How much has he lost it? And can he ever get it back? And is this all over the breakup of his marriage and public humiliation? I thought he was much stronger than that.

Right now I think Jack's record of 18 majors is safe. In years before I was sure Tiger was a shoo-in to break it.

2. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

http://www.sportsjournalists.com/forum/threads/81912/

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think his problems have a lot more to do with his knee injury and his doctor being arrested in Canada with HGH and a host of performance-enhancing drugs than with speculation about what might be going on his head.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Nothing wrong with him a roll of $1s couldn't cure. Better yet, a roll of $100s.

6. SteveRep44

SteveRep44 Member

The Golfer Formerly Known As Tiger went MIA on Nov. 28, 2009 and hasn't been seen since.

Some guy named Eldrick keeps showing up at golf tournaments and he's hardly the same golfer as Tiger was.

7. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

I've always wanted to play golf like Tiger Woods. Now, I can.

8. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Both shots were from the same round yesterday.

9. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

One too many reincarnations of his swing. Thursday he talked about how he's struggling with his putting because that motion also incorporates into his full swing, and it's all under construction. That sounded absurd to me. In his prime he was an amazing putter, even underrated, so why would he even dream of messing with that?

And of course the aura is gone. That was worth practically two shots on the first tee.

10. ChrisRcc

ChrisRcc Member

Maybe every spectator looks like an ex-girlfriend now.

11. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

The poontang did him in. He's not the first, won't be the last.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

On a percentage basis, there's a pretty good chance they are.

Draft saved Draft deleted