1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What teams has the SEC beaten to deserve this reputation?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

One, or both of them still have to lose, but based on all the other teams losing, one would have to figure that the chances of Auburn and Oregon losing are decent.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I didnt feel that much of the repertoire was really needed

3. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

I'm an absolute fanboi. We tend to feel slighted most of the time down here. Unbeknownst to the rest of the world, we're just as sophisticated and seemingly more intelligent--especially about football.

I'm hardly a syncophant. For anyone, especially the SEC. What argument do you have, sir? Please present a valid argument that the SEC Champion does not deserve to be in the national title game, and I will show you the 2004 football season.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

You're right, dools. I should have just left the moron alone.

5. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

OK, how about this: The SEC this year is average, particularly compared to its past performances. The SEC East sucks.

No SEC team, save for Auburn, deserves a shot at the national title.

And if the Tigers lose to Bama (Go Tide) and the Ducks get quacked in the Civil War (Go Beavers) we get TCU-Boise State II.

I'd pay to watch that game.

6. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Excuse me, sir. But I've seen (and been called) worse than that on this board. I didn't single you out...at the time. However, it seems by your response it could be argued. I certainly am a fanboi because I am a fan of the SEC in general. I don't care if it is Florida, Kentucky (who could beat half the Big X?? right now) or Alabama/Auburn. I'm rooting for the SEC. (Except when Ole Miss was beaten by my JSU Gamecocks, of course).

I root for them because this part of the country is always belittled, but there will ALWAYS be one place where we are just as good, if not better than the rest of the country--on the football field.

7. mb

mb Active Member

SEC average? Yes
    Only Auburn deserves a title shot? Yes

If Auburn beats Georgia, loses at Alabama and wins the SECCG ... I *still* think they play for the BCS championship.

8. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Who is arguing the SEC isn't average? I'll be the first to admit it. However, in general, college football is very even right now. From Auburn to Boise State to Michigan.

Anything can happen, and that's what makes this sport the second best in the world.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Spnited, I was referring to myself. Your beatdown was solid

10. armageddon

armageddon Active Member

Did you just lump Michigan in with Auburn and Boise State?

Are you serious?

Oy.

11. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Perhaps you're not seeing the picture here. I went from the best to the good to the bottom...UM could beat or lose to anyone on any given day. That team is fkkn crazy.

12. CYowSMR

CYowSMR Member

Agreed!

Draft saved Draft deleted